- Develops the overall sales strategy for the business and ensures that people’s understanding, skills and outputs are aligned to the strategy.
- Develops national sales plans to ensure that business sales targets are met.
- Collaborates with Sales Managers and General Managers in all regions to capitalise on business opportunities to leverage business growth.
- Manages the sales teams by ensuring proper work allocation, adherence to sales processes and reporting, with a focus on timely reviews, result management in order to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the national sales team.
- Ensures service delivery requirements with respect to SLA’s with clients is considered and compliant with the relevant company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Effectively communicates the comprehensive requirements of work undertaken with national sales team to ensure the best possible outcome in terms of timing, budget and sales targets.
- Creates alignment and sales capacity throughout the whole organisation by ensuring understanding and knowledge of products and solutions provided to clients.
- Engages with clients on a regular basis to ensure that business relevance is maintained through quality solutions and sound relationships.
- Undertakes market research and environmental scanning to ensure understanding of client requirements and perceptions.
- Communicates sales successes internally and externally, and ensures understanding of the root causes of mistakes and missed opportunities.
- Develops and manages the launching new business initiatives.
- Actively closes deals in collaboration with the national sales teams.
- Focuses on sales opportunities that maximize revenues and minimize operational costs in order to drive profits.
- Collaborates with the regional management teams in all regions to compile sales budgets in line with business budget guidelines annually.
- Identifies opportunities and motivates for re-investment into the business to ensure growth and sustainability.
- Responsible for the enforcement of policies, procedures and regulations as set forth in the business.
- Ensures compliance to all aspects of the OSH Act.
- Reports ‘unique’ business risks such as new competitors, trends, market shifts and other.
- Ensures that a culture of performance is nurtured within the sales team.
- Ensures that staff is trained, skilled and that their expertise is optimally applied.
- Ensures appropriate development of key skills for purposes of business sustainability and succession planning.
- Responsible for the recruitment of talented, well-experienced staff whilst remaining focused on transformation at all levels as in accordance to business plans.
Business Relevance and Sustainability
- Ensures legal compliance in all company matters.
- Maintains relationships with key client resources at all times, ensuring that high levels of client engagement are maintained.
- Continuously analyses the local market to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Conducts ongoing competitor reviews to maintain insight into their growth and capabilities.
- Reports on national sales achievements to the EXCO, and the Group CEO on a monthly basis.
- Remains current with latest trends and technologies that have relevance to the solutions offered by the business.
Collaborates with Directors, General Managers on business opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Has overall responsibility for a total staff complement of about 60-70 people nationally.
- Proven track record in closing deals
- Proven ability to lead and develop a disciplined sales team
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present products and services to C-Suite
- Ability to prioritise
- Work well under pressure
- Above average organisation skills
- Relevant business or technology Degree
- 10 – 12 years of sales experience, of which at least 4 years is in a sales management role