- Input as a member of Management to the formulation Stakeholder Policies needed to achieve the Corporate Objectives of the organisation for submission to EXCO.
- Delivery, as the manager, of all strategies, plans and outputs necessary to implement the Stakeholder policies and objectives of the Stakeholder functions.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of effective systems to ensure compliance with sound Corporate Governance and relevant legislation within the Stakeholder function.
- Formulation of appropriate Stakeholder Relations Policies, Systems and procedures.
- Formulation of the Stakeholder Matrix for the organisation, identifying stakeholders, and their specific interest in the business.
- Build and maintain efficient administration systems, processes and controls within the department.
- Reporting on the salient aspects of the Stakeholder management to line Management.
- Advise management, as required, on issues, regulation and policy relevant to operations, activities and interests.
- Build relationships with senior influential policy makers and regulators, the NGO community and other key stakeholders in South Africa.
- Liaise, where relevant, with external consultants on the efficient and relevant monitoring, identification and strategic management of potential and new regulatory issues.
- Design, implementation and control of processes to deliver the required stakeholder interactions and value propositions to the stakeholders of the business.
- Build the profile of the executives at all government levels
Management of resources
- Allocation and monitoring of resources of the Department effectively and efficiently, preparation and control of Budgets, compliance with effective internal control systems, compliance with appropriate safeguards, accounting and reporting systems.
- Formulation of appropriate strategies, business plans and budgets for the Stakeholder Relations functions.
- In consultation with the Procurement Department, effective management of suppliers and service providers.
- Knowledge of Market and Stakeholder research, competitive Analysis
- Stakeholder development
- Communication Processes
- Understanding of government structures and processes
- Degree in Business, Communications, Politics or Marketing
- At least 5 years previous experience in managing communications at a senior level