Our client in the Mining industry is seeking for a Senior VP: Underground Operations to join their team.
- Instill a culture of SHE leadership within the Underground Operations disciplines in line with strategic objectives
- Actively influence and lobby national/regional/local bodies and decision-making forums in the process of co-designing a regulatory framework and developing a business relevant external environment; that will result in the longer-term sustainability of the organization
Quality Management System (QMS):
- Approve Underground Operations policies
- Comply with requirements of the Quality Management System
- Set financial objectives and targets for the Organization in line with strategic objectives.
- Manage the finances of the Underground Operations disciplines to achieve Organizational objectives.
- Maximize profitability/cost effectiveness of the operations whilst optimally balancing the long-term needs of the stakeholders.
- prioritize Capital projects based maximum return on investment.
- Achieve return on invested capital met targets, e.g. productivity, quality, etc.
Working Cost Budgets:
- Set and approve budgeting parameters for the Organization in line with business requirements and financial objectives.
- Prepare and present business cases for Capital approval.
- Approve operational expenditure.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Organizational strategy by making recommendations on relevant policies, practices, processes, systems and initiatives.
- Lead the development of the Underground Operations discipline vision and strategy.
- Formulate a strategy and an implementation plan for the Underground Operations discipline in consultation with the Leadership Team.
- Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for the Underground Operations discipline.
- Provide strategic into other disciplines to improve overall business performance.
- Strategic Orientation.
- Leading through Vision and Values.
- Driving Change & Performance.
- Business Acumen.
- Sustainability Orientation.
- More than 15 years’ experience in a related role, of which 7 should have been at a senior management level or experience in a functional/specialist area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of surface processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between geological structures and mining layouts.
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.
- Project Management.
Degree in Mining Engineering or related is preferred.
Mine Managers Certificate of Competency.