- Directing and coordinating activities of the Vanderbijlpark operation.
- Development and implementation of manufacturing strategy according to expected deliverables.
- Drive cost optimization through implementation of Operational Excellence methodologies
- Establish and implement site policies, goals, objectives, and procedures conferring with Group and Divisional structures.
- Take responsibility for and manage all activities directly related to manufacturing, ensure allocation of resources.
- Take responsibility for all relevant legislative compliance requirements. (OSH Act, LRA, BCEA, Skills development, EE etc.)
- Contribute to divisional continuous improvement efforts in line with market best practices & developments.
- Deliver requisite financial performance (profitability, recapitalization).
- Ensure functional integration of internal processes.
- Have experience, best practices implementing and using continuous improvement methodologies.
- Have experience, broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Have experience, broad knowledge, and understanding of Labour Relations, Employee Relations and Public.
- Affairs, Community Relations with regards to Provincial and Municipality Enterprise Development.
- Have experience, broad knowledge of Industrial Development Programmes e.r.t Local Municipality, Provincial Programmes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Operations discipline or other related field);Post Graduate, Qualification in Business Management\Engineering\Quality Management\Industrial Engineering\Post Graduate Qualification MBA
- Must have 7+ years progressive experience in a key leadership\management role at a manufacturing facility with a high unionized environment.
- Understanding of OHS Act, Employment Legislation; Tax Legislation; Public Finance Act; ISO Systems; Environment Legislation.