- Quarterly production and review of economic and regulatory capital requirements of the segment.
- Monthly review of lead indicators pertaining to capital efficiency managed within the financial framework of the segment.
- Quarterly monitoring and reporting of the segment’s market risk exposure and effectiveness of mitigation strategies.
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, giving meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productively.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides an directs best practice, fostering an environment of continous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team.
- Business Acumen
- Client/Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for results
- Leads change and innovation
- Impact and Influence
- Self-awarenes and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Motivating and Inspiring Team
- Growing Talent
- BCom degree (or similar)
- Progress with professional examinations towards qualifying as an actuary
- At least 5 years relevant experience, preferably within an individual life actuarial valuation function
- Specific exposure to the valuation aspects of capital requirements and SAM would be beneficial
- The candidate should have a good general understanding of the mechanics of life products an the actuarial control cycle, including life company income statement and balance sheet analysis.