Our client is a statutory regulatory board seeking a Registrar and Chief Executive Officer to join their team.
- Perform all functions assigned to the Registrar in terms of the Nursing Act.
- Provide advice and ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and codes (ie Nursing Act, National Health Act).
- Develop, implement and monitor strategies and plans that support the strategic direction set by the Council and correlate with annual operating budgets, to create opportunities for long-term financial sustainability.
- Develop systems, policies and procedures required for the regulation of nursing education and practice.
- Prudently manage the organisation’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain accurate registers for nurses in line with the requirements of the Nursing Act.
- Oversee marketing and image building of the Council.
- Develop and manage human capital in the Council.
- Act as the Secretary for the Council and maintain records of its meetings.
- Act with fidelity, honesty, integrity and in best interest of the Council at all times.
- Develop sustainable relationships with strategic partners, promoting the organisation and its core services and mandate.
- Represent the Council in legal and professional matters.
- Coordinate communication from the board to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure sound corporate governance within all facets of the organisation.
- Perform any other duties delegated by Council.
- A proven track record of good leadership, strategic capability and general organisational management skills.
- Financial management.
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Innovative and creative abilities.
- People management and empowerment.
- Team oriented and customer service.
- Excellent communication, liaison and networking skills at national and international levels.
- Conflict management.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable legislative prescripts and corporate governance.
- Experience in academic management and administration within the Higher Education sector at national and international level would be an added advantage.
- A high level of integrity.
- A Master’s degree in Health Science and a qualification in Management.
- Registration with the SANC as a Nurse, with additional qualification in Nursing Education.
- Contextual understanding of the health, healthcare and nursing systems.
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior management in a nursing environment.
- Experience in Higher Education Sector, regulatory, policy analysis, or legislative implementation environment will be an added advantage.
- A valid Code 08 (Code B) driver’s licence.