Our client a statutory body is seeking for a Council Secretariat to join their team.
- Act as the Secretariat to the President, Council and their various Committees.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Council and Executive Council members as and when queries arise.
- Responsible for all related Council secretariat duties as prescribed by the Council’s Act, and other applicable legislation.
- Lead and monitor the processes and controls which ensure that all statutory, regulatory and corporate governance requirements are observed to ensure that the organization is fully compliant and follows best practice.
- Provide comprehensive practical support/guidance to Council members, board chairs and committee chairs.
- Provide Support, monitoring, coordination & facilitate Council engagements.
- Assist in the proper induction of Council members, including assessing the specific training needs of Council members/Committee Chairpersons.
- Provide comprehensive practical support and guidance to Council members both as individuals and as a collective with particular emphasis on supporting the non-executive Council members.
- Facilitate the acquisition of information by all Boards, Committee and Council members so that they can maximize their ability to contribute to board, committee and Council meetings, discussions etc.
- Understanding of relevant Government Legislation (PFMA, Treasury Regulations, or Companies Act)
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance (i.e. King II and III, governance best practice)
- Knowledge of the roles of key corporate leadership, e.g. Board, Chair, CEO
- Clear understanding of decision-making process in statutory organization
- Ability to arrange meetings, compile agendas, minutes and to provide procedural guidance at meetings
- Strategic & operational skills
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Project management skills
- People management skills
LLB / B.Iuris/ B.Proc/ B.Com – Law, with Corporate Governance as a passed subject
Business related Postgraduate Degree/ Diploma
Applicant must be in the process to register with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries.
8 years or more work experience in corporate environment
At least 2 years Board experience as a Secretariat