Our client a Mining industry is seeking for a Senior VP: Underground Operations to join their team.
- Instill a culture of SHE leadership within the Underground Operations discipline in line with Organizational objectives.
- Participate in regional/local bodies and decision-making forums in the process developing a business relevant external environment; that will result in the longer-term sustainability of the operation.
Quality Management System (QMS):
- Approve Underground Operations discipline
- Manage documentation and records within the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Quality Management System.
- Comply with requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Approve high-level risk assessments and take appropriate action.
- Lead risk assessments and take appropriate action.
- Lead investigations into workplace incidents.
- Manage the finances of the Underground Operations discipline to achieve Organizational objectives.
- Prioritize Capital projects based maximum return on investment.
- Achieve return on invested capital met targets, e.g. productivity, quality, etc.
Working Cost Budgets:
- Prepare Operational budgets for approval by the CEO.
- Prepare and present business cases for Capital approval.
- Manage and report on Capital budgets and expenditure.
- Approve operational expenditure.
- Lead and drive cost saving and cash conservation initiatives.
- Formulate a strategy and an implementation plan for the Underground Operations discipline in consultation with the Leadership Team.
- Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for the Underground Operations discipline.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Underground Operations strategy by making recommendations on relevant policies, practices, processes, systems and initiatives.
- 15 years’ experience in a related role, of which 7 should have been at a senior management level or experience in a functional/specialist area
- Strategic Orientation.
- Leading through Vision and Values
- Driving Change & Performance
- Business Acumen
- Sustainability Orientation
- Stakeholder Management
- Developing & Empowering People
Degree in Mining Engineering or related is preferred.
Mine Managers Certificate of Competency.